Monday, July 23, 2007

Once Upon A Time In Phnom Penh

There was a man, who is me now, came to Phnom Penh for a friend visit. It was my second time. First time was with my friend and we took boat, so I did not have to worry too much as he will be my guide, but this time I was alone all by myself and I took a taxi. We left Siem Reap in the morning as always but unfortunately my taxi broke down somewhere in Kompong thom and took very long time to fix it. Till noon then we could continue our journey, back on the road again.I always kept in touch with my friend through public phone, as taxi stopped sometime, to let him know that I will be late as the problem occurred. I reached Phnom Penh at almost 6pm, You see! I left Siem Reap 7am, oh! god. It took me a whole day.Anyway I was in PP now, but now the taxi was stopping somewhere near Hotel Le Royal, I knew that hotel coz my friend's house is somewhere behind it. As taxi stopped there so I decided to step down and leave for my friend's house, even though it was my second time but I seemed to remember things there, but see now I got a problem. My friend was waiting to pick me up at the taxi station, so called Soriya bus station something like that...since I had to cross the street to the other side, and it was so crowded , it was not like my hometown that hardly to see even cow cart to pass hehehehe...but now here in PP, so everywhere were crowded, I was wondering how to cross the street, and a Motodup came to me ask if I need to go somewhere, of course I do, I replied but I just need to cross the street hehehehe...I did spent 1000 riels for him. then I called my friend and we met shortly after that. Then I told him that I hired a Motodup just to cross the street. He and many other in the house were really laughing at me. It was really imaging to me and I still remember that moment. But I think it was a good idea to cross the street in PP by hired a Motodup ehehehe...

No comments: